The rankings are based on several criteria’s concerned human rights
- The Right to Life.
- The Right to Freedom from Torture and Humane Treatment.
- The Right to Freedom from Slavery and Servitude.
- The Right of the Child.
- The Right of the Woman.
- The Right to Recognition as a Legal Person.
- The Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience, and Religion.
- The Right not to be imprisoned merely on the Ground of Inability to Fulfill a Contractual Obligation.
- The Right to a Nationality.
- The Right to Effective Remedies.
- The availability of Human Rights Monitoring Institutions.
- The Rights of the Refugees.
- The Rights of Political and social freedom.
- The rights to freedom of movements.
The ranking also is based on the current status and regulations that restricted the above rights,
Other elements that have affected the Ranking of each country were the information’s obtained from the European Court of Human Rights, Human rights watch organization, and on ground observations of each country.